Want to test your knowledge of Alberta’s historic places? Are you eager to explore the Alberta Register of Historic Places and learn about Alberta’s rich heritage? Click on the link below and answer the following skill-testing questions:
- How many buildings that were historically used as fire stations have been designated as historic resources? (Hint – use the Functional Type Historic search feature)
- How many designated historic resources are located within the municipal boundaries of the Town of Fort Macleod?
- A scientist at which designated historic resource in Alberta captured the first North American photographs of the Sputnik I satellite?
- Which Edmonton resident garnered international acclaim for her pioneering work as a meteorologist?
- How many designated historic resources can be found on a road trip between Daysland and Hardisty?
- Which internationally-renowned inventor is the community of Nobleford named after and what was the invention for which he is best known?
Be the first to submit correct answers and you will receive a prize package designed to help you discover Alberta’s historic places.
Each month we will post a new quiz, so stay tuned!
Quiz written by: Matthew Wangler, Manager of Historic Places Research and Designation Program