November 8th and 9th, Calgary
One week left before registration closes!
Municipal Heritage Forum 2012 is the annual opportunity for municipal leaders interested in the conservation of locally significant historic places. If you are a municipal heritage planner, heritage advisory board member or councillor we encourage you to sign up today!
Why should you attend?
– Our keynote speaker, Julian Smith, Executive Director of the Willowbank School of Restoration Arts, will explore the theme Place Matters! by sharing his perspectives on places and spaces.
– Concurrent breakout sessions will offer opportunities to learn about developing and implementing municipal heritage conservation programs. Topics include:
- the Standards and Guidelines for the Conservation of Historic Places in Canada;
- the integral role of geographical place names in conserving local and provincial heritage;
- aboriginal heritage;
- funding programs offered by the Alberta Historical Resources Foundation; and
- meet and discuss your ideas, questions and concerns about municipal heritage conservation with Municipal Heritage Services Officers Michael Thome and Brenda Manweiler.
– Several of Alberta’s municipalities with active heritage conservation programs will present aspects of their programs. Learn firsthand how local heritage is being conserved!
Interested in attending?
DOWNLOAD: Municipal Heritage Forum 2012_Agenda and Registration Form
Written by: Brenda Manweiler, Municipal Heritage Services Officer